The Bicycle Maneuver Exercise
By performing both vertebral flexion and rotation in the same workout, you work all four abdominal muscles,
- The External abdominal oblique
- The Internal abdominal oblique
- The Rectus abdominis
- And the transversus abdominis muscles.
These muscles enable you to twist and bend your torso.
Strengthening these muscles
- Will help you keep your spine well aligned
- Provide support for your abdomen
- And help you rise more easily from a lying or sitting position
This exercise is also a whole body workout. That means that this workout will work multiple large muscle groups
at the same time. It will also help you burn away belly fat also known as visceral fat. It also has an excellent
hormone response that allows your body to develop lean muscle tissue, and will increase your metabolic rate.
It is one of the exercises that you can use to develop a leaner, stronger body.
This is how you should do the Bicycle Maneuver Exercise:
- Lie flat on an exercise mat or floor with your lower back pressed to the mat
- Put your hands beside your head and over your ears, but don’t interlace your fingers behind your head.
Interlacing your fingers behind your head may tempt you to use your arms to lift your torso up rather than
using your abdominal muscles.
- Raise your knees to form a 90 degree angle with vertical thighs and horizontal shins
- Extend your right leg out and about 30 to 45 degrees above the floor
- Keep your left thigh vertical and your left shin horizontal
- Raise your shoulders off the mat with your abdominal muscles and rotate to touch your left knee with your
- Switch legs and rotate in the opposite direction to touch your right knee with your left elbow
- Keep even, relaxed breathing throughout the workout
- Continue until your muscles are fatigued
The bicycle maneuver exercise is a whole body workout. This exercise will increase your metabolic rate, develop
lean muscle and help you burn away tummy fat. All in all, one of the many great full body workouts that you should
be doing on a regular basis for better health.
for illustrated whole body workouts to burn tummy fat - The Truth About Six Pack Abs by Mike Geary
Truth About Six Pack Abs Home Page
Our Best Selling Guides
Mike Geary Review
Mike Geary Truth About Abs
Truth About Six Pack Abs Review
Six Pack Abs Workout
Best Way To Lose Belly Fat
Exercises To Lose Belly Fat
How To Get Rid Of Stomach Fat
I Want Six Pack Abs
Why Lose Stomach Fat
How To Lose Stomach Fat
Best Diet To Lose Weight
Best Obliques Exercises
What Is The Best Exercises To Lose
I Want To Lose Weight
How To Speed Up Metabolism
Interval Training Routines
Motivation To Lose Weight
Hoodia For Weight Loss
Losing Tummy Fat
Six Pack Abdominals