Dumbbell Lunges Exercise
The quadriceps allow you to extend your leg when you are walking, running, climbing stairs or a curb, and while
you are getting up from a sitting position. Strengthening these muscles will help you do all of these daily
activities easily. And, this workout is a great exercise to get those quads stronger.
Also, strengthening the quads may help you prevent a painful condition called “Runner’s Knee.” According to
recent studies, people with weaker quadriceps are 5.5 times more likely to develop runner’s knee than people with
This exercise is also a whole body workout. That means that this workout will work multiple large muscle groups
at the same time, and help you burn away tummy fat or visceral fat. It also has excellent hormone response that
allows your body to develop leaner muscle tissue, and will increase your metabolic rate.
It is one of the exercises that you can use to develop a leaner, stronger body.
This is how you should do the dumbbell lunges exercise:
- Begin with the starting position, which is standing erect holding two dumbbells in your hands and by your
sides. Your palms should be facing inward.
- Breathe in.
- Step forward with your right foot several feet in front of your left foot.
- Keep your chin up and back straight. You want good alignment between your neck and spine.
- Bend down with your left knee a few inches from the floor, or as far down as you can comfortably go.
- Keep your right knee behind your toes, and keep your right shin perpendicular to the ground.
- Push up with the heel of your foot and go back to the starting position as you exhale.
- Repeat this procedure with the left foot stepping forward.
- Do eight to twelve repetitions of this exercise.
Dumbbell lunges exercise is a whole body workout. This exercise will increase your metabolic rate, develop lean
muscle, and help you burn away that tummy fat. All in all, one of the many great total body workouts that you
should be doing on a regular basis for optimum health.
for illustrated examples of whole body workouts to burn away belly fat – The Truth About Six Pack Abs by Mike
Truth About Six Pack Abs Home Page
Our Best Selling Guides
Mike Geary Review
Mike Geary Truth About Abs
Truth About Six Pack Abs Review
Six Pack Abs Workout
Best Way To Lose Belly Fat
Exercises To Lose Belly Fat
How To Get Rid Of Stomach Fat
I Want Six Pack Abs
Why Lose Stomach Fat
How To Lose Stomach Fat
Best Diet To Lose Weight
Best Obliques Exercises
What Is The Best Exercises To Lose
I Want To Lose Weight
How To Speed Up Metabolism
Interval Training Routines
Motivation To Lose Weight
Hoodia For Weight Loss
Losing Tummy Fat
Six Pack Abdominals